Real estate social media marketing is a critical component for Realtors to grow their business in 2020 by promoting their brands as well as properties. Effective real estate social media engages your clients both when they are actively buying/selling and in the 80%+ of time that they are not.
Your clients are on social media and will only stay engaged with you when you share social media content that is more than simply talking about open houses, new listings, and closing.
Not only will you uphold your current clientele through effective social media marketing, but you will also gain followers that can easily turn into leads. Social media is both a great communication tool and a lead-generation machine for real estate businesses.
Below, we have laid out the essential pieces of building your real estate marketing social media strategy.
In this article, you will also gain access to 100+ free pieces of social media content for you to use on your social media accounts.
- Know Which Platforms to Use
- Revamp Previous Blog Posts for Social Media
- Display Your Client Success Stories
- Use the Right Real Estate Hashtags
1. Know Which Platforms To Use
Knowing which social media platforms to use for your real estate business depends on who you want to reach and what you want to post. For real estate specifically, Facebook and Instagram are going to be your go-to applications, but try out all of them to see what works for your business.
Here is a basic rundown of each social platform and how you can use each one to its greatest potential:
- Facebook is, by far, the must-have platform for your real estate business to be on. With 2.7 billion active users, Facebook is the best place to share your blog posts, new listings, and virtual tours that link directly to your website.
- Instagram specializes in aesthetically pleasing photos and videos, so make sure you’re bringing quality content here. Don’t underestimate the use of Instagram stories, which allow you to post interactive polls, surveys, and questionnaires to further engage with your followers and clients.
- You can even connect it directly to Facebook, automatically posting your real estate content on both major platforms with ease.
- LinkedIn provides your business with credibility, professionalism, and networking opportunities. This is a great place for posting market trends, success stories, and client testimonials.
- Twitter is the happy medium between Facebook and Instagram. Thanks to a character limit, Twitter is home to short and effective messaging. Twitter is also the birthplace of the hashtag — make sure to read tip #4 below so you know how to bring your hashtag game.
- Trust us on this one – TikTok has become one of the biggest and widely used platforms available today. Post vertical videos of your listings and get creative with trending sounds to make your business stand out from the rest.
- Check out ways that real estate agents have been using the platform to engage with current and potential clients.
2. Revamp Previous Blog Posts into Social Posts
If you already have a real estate blog on your website, you can create effective social posts in no time.
Simply recording a video blog based on one you have already written can enhance your real estate marketing strategy. You can share a quote from a piece of previous content in a social graphic and gain traction on Instagram or Twitter.
It’s important to stay consistent in creating new content, but that doesn’t always mean starting from scratch. Linking bits and pieces of your previously written real estate content on social media is an effective and easy way to get traffic to your site and generate more leads.
You may be able to create anywhere from 1 to 20 pieces of social media content from a past blog post. Ask yourself, how can I repurpose this piece of content or what other (smaller) forms of this content would potential home buyers/sellers find interesting.
3. Display Your Client Success Stories
Anytime you successfully close a deal with a client, think of how to best showcase their success story through your social media.
Success stories can take a few different forms:
- A successful home sale or closing story
- A video testimonial
- Quotes from client reviews (bonus points if you make this a graphic!)
Client success stories help your current clients feel celebrated and show potential buyers that you are the real deal. Remember, you want to celebrate the success story as much as your clients do, so be creative and have fun with this one!
4. Use the Right Real Estate Hashtags
Hashtags are a crucial part of any social media strategy. Using the right hashtags can mean the difference between 20 and 200 users seeing your social posts.
Make sure to pay attention to other popular real estate posts in your area to know what some of the best real estate hashtags are. Try out different ones to see which ones are most effective for your business’ social engagement.
Here are some that we have found to be beneficial to get you started:
#realestate #realtor #broker #forsale #newhome #househunting #dreamhome #properties #homelisting #homesforsale #openhouse #homesweethome #foreclosure #renovated #commercialrealestate #realestatebroker #realestateagent #realestatelife #listingagent #homebuyers #realestateinvestment #propertyforsale #[Target Neighbourhood] #[Real Estate Team Name] #[Brokerage Name] #[Target City]homes #[Target City]property
To help you get a jump start on your newly enhanced social media strategy, we have provided over 100 downloadable graphics for you to share with your clientele.
What are the Benefits of Using Our 100+ Social Media Graphics?
- Look better than your competitors
You’ll feel more confident knowing that you look stunning online. We share the highest quality content in the real estate industry to help you look better than other agents.
- Expand your sphere of influence
As a co-founder of one of the first influencer marketing platforms, Sideqik, I can tell you that people buy from brands and work with people that 1) they trust and 2) that are top of mind.
These graphics will help you expand your reach and increase your network with engaging, educational, and entertaining content that your clients and friends actually want to see in their feeds.
- Nurture an increased level of trust and hyper local credibility
High-achieving servant leaders know that what drives growth is being incredibly helpful and top of mind, without being “salesy”.
- Never miss out on repeat business and referrals
I’ve seen Realtors increase their referrals 3x — 10x simply making some small changes in their business to stay top of mind to their past clients and friends. These social media graphics will make sure your clients never forget about you and continue your relationship after the deal.
- Save you dozens of hours per month
These graphics could easily fill your social media content calendar for the next 4 months or as many as 18 depending on how frequently you choose to post.
License and Usage
All the real estate social media posts below can be used for free. You can use them for commercial and noncommercial purposes without asking us for permission.
Tip: How to give credit 🎁 Even though credit is not required, we’d appreciate it if you’d tag Showcase IDX in some of your posts.
How to Download and Use?
This is super simple.
- Bookmark this page as we’ll be adding more posts in the future.
- If you see a social media image that you like, click on it to bring up a full-size image and save it. Or, you can use a double/menu click and choose “save image as.” Download as many as you’d like.
- Download all the images at once below.
4) Want to know how to schedule 2 months of social media posts in 1 day? We have a free course in our Grow Your Real Estate Business Academy that walks you through the steps to
- Use Facebook or Buffer to schedule these posts to post on Facebook and Instagram.
- Transfer the pictures your phone if you’d like to have them available to post manually.
- Use other tools to expand your influencer even further with effective social media for real estate.
Real Estate Infographics
Real Estate Definitions for Clients
What do real estate agents do for their clients?
Work from home tips
New to Homeschool: Tips + resources for parents teaching their kids from home
Frequently Asked Questions from Home Buyers
Tips for Home Buyers
Homebuyer Mistakes to Avoid
Mortgage Tips Buyers Should Know
Tips to Boost Curb Appeal
Real Estate Statistics
House Hunting Tips
Next Steps: More help to grow your real estate business this year
==> Sign up for a free trial of Showcase IDX – the ONLY home search chosen over Zillow
Need help building or updating your website? Talk to one of our Showcase IDX Certified Partners. We’ve vetted each of them, and they make stunning websites using Showcase IDX.