Lubbock Association Of Realtors
Based in Lubbock, TX., Lubbock Association of Realtors (LAR) boasts being the first MLS in the state of Texas, paving the way for many future multiple listing services. LAR has been serving the Texas real estate community since 1926, providing members with information, advocacy, networking opportunities, and resources they need to thrive. The Lubbock MLS now serves over 1,000 real estate professionals in Lubbock and surrounding areas such as Abernathy, Shallowater, Wolfforth, and New Home.
Login Link: LAR
- Listings: approx. 3,134
- Agents: approx. 2,135
LARMLS MLS Fees
We do not charge any additional fees.
Associations Shown in Property Search
- Lubbock Association Of Realtors
Helpful information about Lubbock Association of Realtors for agents
What tools does the Lubbock Association of Realtors have in place that can help an agent be more successful?
MLS, ShowingTime, Supra Ekey, and FlashCMA
What is the governing body for the Lubbock Association of Realtors?
The Lubbock Association of Realtors is governed by the Texas Real Estate Commission.
How does a new member go about being added to the MLS?
You can qualify for REALTOR® membership if:
- You have an Active Texas Real Estate Commission Broker or Salesperson license or have an Active Appraiser license issued by the Texas Appraiser Licensing and Certification Board to engage in the appraisal of real property.
- You are associated either as an employee or an independent contractor with a Designated REALTOR® member of the Association; and
- A REALTOR® or Designated REALTOR® is a primary member of the Association if Texas and National Association of REALTORS® dues are paid through the Lubbock Association of REALTORS®. A REALTOR® or Designated REALTOR® is a secondary member of the Association if State and National Association dues are paid through another association. One of the principals in the firm must be a Designated REALTOR® member of the Association in order for licensees associated with the firm to select the Association as their primary association.
All new members of the association - Brokers, Salespersons and Appraisers must complete the National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics Training Requirement within 90 days of joining.
You must email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will call you after your application is received and processed to accept payment for your joining dues and fees.
What are the competitive advantages of Lubbock Association of Realtors when compared to other local or regional MLSs?
As a member of the Lubbock Association of REALTORS®, our members have access to legislative advocacy through the Texas Real Estate Political Action Committee (TREPAC), networking opportunities, community involvement, education classes, and additional services such as the MLS, ShowingTime, Supra Ekey, and FlashCMA.
How does your MLS stand out when it comes to serving and connecting with real estate professionals?
The Lubbock Association of Realtors core focus is to:
- To aggressively provide the tools and resources for our members to succeed.
- To further our mission, the LAR has active Government Affairs, Education, Membership, MLS, and Communications Departments. Each of these departments is integral to the programs, events, and services that LAR members depend on.
What types of MLS memberships do you offer?
The Lubbock Association of Realtors offers Primary and Secondary membership options.
“A REALTOR® or Designated REALTOR® is a primary member of the Association if Texas and National Association of REALTORS® dues are paid through the Lubbock Association of REALTORS®. A REALTOR® or Designated REALTOR® is a secondary member of the Association if State and National Association dues are paid through another association. One of the principals in the firm must be a Designated REALTOR® member of the Association in order for licensees associated with the firm to select the Association as their primary association.”and “For Designated REALTORS who are currently members of another association, you may qualify for just MLS Participation. This option is not available to salespersons without their broker being an MLS Participant first.”
What are the requirements for primary membership in the MLS and IDX?
The Lubbock Association of Realtors follow the NARs model for REALTOR association-owned MLSs. See more.
- Participants must be REALTORS® who are a principal, partner, corporate officer, or branch office manager acting on behalf of a principal.
- Participants must hold a current, valid real estate broker’s license.
- Participants must offer or accept compensation to and from other participants (or be licensed or certified by a state regulatory agency to engage in the appraisal of real property).
- Participants (other than appraisers) must actively—continually and on an ongoing basis—endeavor to:
- list real property of the type listed on the MLS in which participation is sought and/or
- b. accept offers of cooperation and compensation made by listing brokers in the MLS.
Does your MLS offer free continuing education (CE) classes?
Yes, the Lubbock Area Association of Realtors offers a few free classes -- check out their training calendar.
More Valuable Information on Lubbock Association of Realtors
Lubbock is the 11th most populous city in Texas, with a population of 258,862. The Western Texas city is located in the region geographically known as Llano Estacado and is the economic center of the Lubbock Metropolitan Area. The highest point in Texas is Guadalupe Peak, which stands at 8,749 feet, and the lowest point is the Gulf of Mexico.
Lubbock has acquired the nickname “Hub City” because it is the economic, educational, and health-care hub of the multi-county region. The Lubbock area is the largest cotton-growing region in the world. CNN has named Lubbock one of the best places to start a small business, likely due to low commercial rent, centralized location, and cooperative city government. Lubbock is also home to Texas Tech University and Lubbock High School, which has been recognized as one of the top high schools in the United States for many consecutive years. As the birthplace of musician Buddy Holly, Lubbock is home to a large variety of festivals, events, museums, and a performing arts center celebrating and honoring Holly’s accomplishments in music. The Depot District is located in Lubbock’s old railroad depot area and offers theatres, upscale restaurants, shops, nightclubs, and more. Lubbock boasts five wineries, including the most award-winning winery in Texas, LLano Escado Winery. Mackenzie Park provides guests with exciting outdoor activities including a golf course, a wildlife park, and Joyland Amusement Park. Lubbock hosts multiple annual events, including the Independence Day Festival, which is considered the largest free festival in Texas.
Lubbock’s climate receives a lot of wind, with hot summers and sunny, mild winters. Due to its elevation and aridity, Lubbock is considered the 10th windiest city in the country. The summer high is around 92°F, and the winter low is around 26°F. Lubbock experiences about 20 inches of rain and 7 inches of snowfall per year.
Claim your free trial to add Lubbock Association Of Realtors IDX Listings to Your Site
Requirements for your IDX Solutions
IDX (or Broker Reciprocity) is a program that allows MLS Participants to display listings from other brokerages on their own agent and office websites. Simply put, the IDX program manages the listing search utilities on internet displays owned and operated by local agents and offices. The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) created IDX and gives each MLS a strict set of guidelines on participation in the program and the display of the listings. Showcase IDX provides the tools that your clients use to access the listings.
Commercial data supported
Consumer Engagement Tools
These are how your clients interact with the data provided by your MLS through the IDX. We've built a remarkable set of consumer tools designed to engage your site's visitors, quickly converting them to willing leads… because once they see the value of your website and its powerful tools they'll value you as their trusted local advisor.
Give your buyers and sellers the search tools they expect:
- Portal-Quality Property Search
- Fully Integrated Map Search
- Stunning Listing Pages
- Install and Launch Quickly
- Lightning Fast Speed
- Customizable to Fit With Any Website Design
- SEO That Works
- Capture More High-Quality Leads