State Wide MLS of Rhode Island, Inc.
State-Wide MLS is a Multiple Listing Service part of the Rhode Island Association of REALTORS® (RIAR), also known as ri realtors. The entity, founded in 1948, is headquartered in Warwick, RI and takes great pride in being considered the voice of real estate in the state of Rhode Island. ri realtors’ main goal is to help its members thrive in their real estate businesses by providing tools, educational resources, and services that promote professional development and mutual collaboration.
- Listings: approx. 5,610
- Agents: approx. 7,333
RIMLS MLS Fees
State Wide MLS of Rhode Island, Inc. charges a fee to access the IDX data feed. Your share of the fee is $10 per month.
Helpful information about Rhode Island Association of REALTORS & State-Wide MLS for agents:
What tools do ri realtors have in place that can help an agent be more successful?
State-Wide MLS offers its customers several tools as part of the benefits of being a subscriber. These tools include:
- Property Panorama: Gives homebuyers the real-world experience of viewing a property online like a virtual tour. With Property Panorama, agents can easily create robust virtual tours, video tours and podcast tours, complete with all of the custom features found in comparable products that cost much more.
- ListTrac: With ListTrac, MLS customers have access to a real-time dashboard, detailed listing metrics and listing performance reports from MLS, IDX and syndication websites.
- Remine: Remine’s predictive intelligence system helps agents learn about real estate opportunities. They can stay informed and win more business.
- Showing Time: Increase agents’ efficiency and productivity by scheduling showing appointments directly from Matrix with Showing Time.
- ListHub: With ListHub, agents can easily send their listing content to more than 60 popular real estate websites.
- RatePlug: Provide your clients with dynamically updated lending rates by adding the RatePlug module to your MLS custom reports.
They also provide access to additional discounted and optional services, such as:
- MyFloodStatus: MyFloodSatus provides accurate, certified and insured flood determination reports used by real estate professionals nationwide. These low-cost, structure-based reports allow agents to confirm the true flood status of any property and help protect them from liability.
- TaxBot: Helps agents focus on business growth by helping them automate and simplify tedious accounting processes that save you time and money.
- Lion Desk: Manage agents’ contacts, texts, emails, as well as sales and marketing automation with ease. With connections to more than 100 third-party tools, LionDesk is the hub that unifies all your communications, contacts and transactions.
- MyRental: Among the best tenant screening products available today, MyRental provides the reports upon which property management companies rely.
- HomeVisit: HomeVisit™ showcases agents’ listings anytime, anywhere with stunning professional photos and videos, your photos beautifully edited, 3D models, floor plans, aerials, dedicated listing websites and postcards. Integration with Matrix™ and Realist® also makes it super convenient.
Does the Rhode Island Association of REALTORS provide any training for the tools mentioned above?
Yes. Members of ri realtors receive numerous free MLS trainings through their Professional Development Center. Classes are offered both online and in person to help members enhance their skills while using their growing catalog of technology-based products and services.
How does a new member go about being added to the State-Wide MLS?
In order to become a member of State-Wide MLS, the agent’s real estate firm or office needs to be an MLS participant first. To become an MLS participant, the principal or manager of the firm/office must have a broker or appraisal license and have a realtor membership in either a local board or association of realtors, the state association of realtors, or the National Association of Realtors (NAR). Then, the principal or manager can complete the MLS participation agreement and pay MLS fees. Once the office/firm is a participant, all of the licensed agents under the office can become MLS members by completing the MLS subscriber form and paying the necessary fees.
How do ri realtors give back to the real estate community?
The Rhode Island Association of REALTORS® or State-Wide MLS encourages all of its members to participate in fundraising events. They share every detail of their charitable activities on the Realtors In The Community section of their website.
What kind of local real estate trends, statistics, and information does ri realtors provide to individual agents?
Individual agents have access to real estate news, updated market trends and stats, the latest press releases and other valuable resources through the News & Market Data section of the MLS’ website.
Does RIAR MLS support Real Estate Standards Organization (RESO)?
Yes. ri realtors understand the relevance of the RESO Data Dictionary as the real estate industry’s universal language for data. In that sense, State-Wide MLS is RESO Data Dictionary 1.6 Platinum Certified, RESO Web API 1.0.2 Platinum Server Certified (Trestle), and has a RESO Web API 1.0.2 Platinum Server Certification (Bridge Interactive Server).
What external sites receive MLS data from Rhode Island Association of REALTORS?
Ri realtors use ListHub.com for syndication.
What listing statuses are included in IDX feeds through ri realtors?
Listing statuses included in IDX feed through ri realtors are: Active (AA), Active Under Contract (AU), Coming Soon (CS), Pending (PN), Sold (SS), Rented (RN), Cancelled (CN), Expired (XP), Withdrawn/Foreclosure (WF), Withdrawn/Rental (WR), Withdrawn/Early Termination (WT), Withdrawn From Publication (WW), Withdrawn/Right To Relist) (WY), Withdrawn (WD).
What types of memberships does ri realtors offer?
Agents looking to affiliate to RIAR have two different types of memberships to choose from:
- Primary Membership: To be a primary member of ri realtors, agents must be part of one of one of the five local boards in the state.
- Secondary Membership: Agents with primary membership with a board outside of the state of Rhode Island can join RIAR as secondary members by filling an application for secondary membership online. The fee for secondary membership is the same as for primary membership.
What are the requirements for membership in the MLS and IDX?
To be a member of the Rhode Island Association of REALTORS® requires agents to be part of any local real estate board. Once that happens, that agent gains automatic membership to RIAR and to the National Association of Realtors. ri realtors charges an annual fee of $196.50.
Does ri realtors offer continuing education (CE) classes?
Ri realtors take its agents and all MLS members’ education seriously. Through the RI REALTORS® Professional Development Center, both new agents and current real estate professionals advance their careers and enforce their skills. The MLS has a large calendar of up-to-date courses and classes and provides constant support to help students reach their learning goals.
Are there multiple associations/boards affiliated with ri realtors?
RIAR is affiliated with the five local boards of the state of Rhode Island:
- Greater Providence Board of Realtors
- Kent Washington Association of Realtors
- Newport County Board of Realtors
- Northern Rhode Island Board of Realtors
- Rhode Island Commercial and Appraisal Board of Realtors.
When was ri realtors founded?
The Rhode Island Association of REALTORS® was founded in 1948.
More Valuable Information
In 1972, ri realtors created State-Wide MLS, a comprehensive listing database and communication network that provides participant realtors with a prime source of real estate information to better serve the consumer. The MLS is available for real estate professionals of each Rhode Island county: Bristol, Kent, Newport, Providence, and Washington.
State-Wide MLS is not only one of the earliest regional multiple MLSs in operation, but it also has the honor to be one of the two MLSs in the United States managed and owned by a state REALTOR® Association, the Rhode Island Association of REALTORS® (RIAR).
RIAR is part of the more than 1,400 local associations and boards ruled by the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR). With over 6,000 members scattered throughout 900 offices in all Rhode Island, ri realtors is a trusted partner of Rhode Islanders in the real estate market and an advocate in favor of the state’s property owners. ri realtors facilitate research and information trade-off between its affiliates, the general public, and the government to preserve the free enterprise system and the right to property ownership.
A local agent must be affiliated with one of Rhode Island’s local real estate boards or associations to become a member of State-Wide MLS. Then, they should complete the membership process with ri realtors, and pay any required fees. The State-Wide MLS membership carries several benefits for agents, including charge-free access to a myriad of quality tools and solutions, and discounts to additional resources, free training courses and MLS tech support, access to exclusive products such as RIMLS Mobile App, and much more.
ri realtors is committed to supporting its members and affiliates in every way possible, so they can effectively advance their careers, become leaders in their field, and prosper in Rhode Island's competitive real estate industry. Beyond MLS participation, RIAR members have access to continuing education resources -both online and in-person, prompt legal advice, up-to-date industry news and marketing stats, and the opportunity to be part of many charitable efforts.
Claim your free trial to add State Wide MLS of Rhode Island, Inc. IDX Listings to Your Site
Requirements for your IDX Solutions
Listing Data IDX (or Broker Reciprocity) is a program that allows MLS Participants to display listings from other brokerages on their own agent and office websites. Simply put, the IDX program manages the listing search utilities on internet displays owned and operated by local agents and offices. The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) created IDX and gives each MLS a strict set of guidelines on participation in the program and the display of the listings. Showcase IDX provides the tools that your clients use to access the listings.
Coming Soon status supported
Commercial data supported
Consumer Engagement Tools These are how your clients interact with the data provided by your MLS through the IDX. We've built a remarkable set of consumer tools designed to engage your site's visitors, quickly converting them to willing leads… because once they see the value of your website and its powerful tools they'll value you as their trusted local advisor.Give your buyers and sellers the search tools they expect:
- Portal-Quality Property Search
- Fully Integrated Map Search
- Stunning Listing Pages
- Install and Launch Quickly
- Lightning Fast Speed
- Customizable to Fit With Any Website Design
- SEO That Works
- Capture More High-Quality Leads